The Web Site of
Victor Niederhoffer & Laurel Kenner
the scientific method, free markets, deflating ballyhoo, creating value, and
laughter; a forum for us to use our meager abilities to make the world of
specinvestments a better place.
Write to us at:
(address is not clickable)
Victor Niederhoffer: No one asked me but...
- The dollar euro at 120 and yen dollar at 110 are crucial round numbers that
are attractors within their own countries and signalers with respect to other
- With many good stocks such as Citibank selling at 10 times earnings, versus
a 10 year interest yield of 4.5%, the idea that stocks are at too high a p/e
must be attributable more to hope and hatred and the inability to understand
that gentlemen prefer growth than any rational revulsion.
- The swings in the b und and sp last week from 45 day or 150 day lows, to
double digit day highs seems to be occur with inordinate frequency
especially during the summer and also during other occasions.
- The DAX is a bell weather for the us markets, but it is very hard to
quantify same as the relations are delayed and distorted.
- Stocks go thru spells of style where if you buy anything in style you make
money and if you buy anything out of style you lose.
- It is good to quit on a winning note. And now that I have covered my
short that was sparked with extra quantity by the pres of the old spec club,
I should never short stocks again because I am unduly nervous about
1.5 million a century drift even when involved with a company that's run by one
with pure sanctimony.
- Gold and oil show key predictive correlations with other markets, but the
problem is that whenever you pin it down, they're ready to change. What else is
- Survival analysis is the most undertaught and underused
technique relative to its utility in statistics and
- Nigel Davies is proving that chess skills are transferable for some to the
world of investments and has put on some 30 trades for me, and as far as I know
he has not lost on one of them.
- Al my former students must be doing very well these days as the market
seems to be employing level 1 deceptions and they are all geared for that.
- When a man wears Bermudas to a musical, it is best to sit far away from
him and he is likely to have a deep laugh and be most uninhibited. and this is
related to the great beginning of
Master and Commander
Aubrey to a duel because Aubrey's exuberance does not preclude his beating to
the music out loud.
- All men admire a woman who dances well and secretly
figure her talents are transferable.